Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday

The power came back on. And water started flowing again. But today I am roughing it. My house has a small washing machine, but no dryer. I had to drag the clothes rack outside. 90 degrees and sunny with a little breeze, so shouldn't take too long. Last night I boiled eggs and made a sandwich for dinner. The eggs were cooked to perfection.

I was going to go to the orthopedic hospital today, but for some reason the cases in all 3 rooms were cancelled. The assistant chief of anesthesia here says they may be taking inventory. With all the shortages of supplies and equipment I wouldn't think it would take the entire staff all day.

This afternoon I was going to go to Itipini, the shanty town built on an abandoned dump. They told me the clinic didn't have any patients, so I stayed here at the Nelson Mandela hospital. Cases were pretty much done by noon. Everyone was glad to leave early.

Tomorrow I am going to the Nelson Mandela Museum and look for a one hour photo developer.

No comments:

Post a Comment