Monday, March 23, 2009

Restaurant Review

Wimpy's, at the domestic flight terminal of the Johannesburg Airport, has one of the best breakfasts in the world. It was the only place open this morning at 5 while I was waiting for the last leg of my trip to Umtata. Two eggs, two pieces of bacon, two sausages, a tomato, one slice of toast (in deference to Dr. Atkins) and a cup of coffee for $4.62.

The flight from Dullles was OK, but too long. No stop in Senegal, so 15 hours in the air. Luckily the seat next to me was empty so I could spread out a little and get a few power naps in.

The person who met me at the airport is a volunteer here in Umtata. He has his own blog, though I forget the name. You can google Jesse Zink or Mthatha to get to it. It has pictures and is infinitely more interesting than my blog.

Tomorrow I start at Nelson Mandela Hospital. It is just down the hill from my house and looks like an easy walk. As best as I can tell, I will be working with rotating interns, house officers and medical students, though they have different titles here.

No comments:

Post a Comment