Monday, October 11, 2010

Day Off

Things got busy towards the end of the week. Preparing, giving, and/or assisting at 3 lectures a day didn't leave much time for blogging.
Wednesday night we went to dinner at Jennie McConnachie's house where she has held weekly dinners for volunteers for forever I guess.
Thursday was laundry day, but didn't find out the washing machine wasn't working till I had the machine loaded and the soap was in. Didn't have time to find a laundromat since we were leaving for a trip to the mountains the next day. Luckily it was 95 and breezy, so I could do a load by hand in the tub and hang it out to dry. Got it in from the makeshift clotheslines just before the rain started.
Friday I drove to the mountains with Bill, Cory and Litisha my fellow volunteers. Stayed at the Himeville Arms Hotel which opened up over a hundred years ago. Quaint.
Drove to the border station at Sani Pass and checked out of South Africa for an 8 Km walk up to Lesotho. The clouds parted and we made it up in 3 hours. Had lunch and a beer at the highest pub in Africa and walked back down. Didn't have any trouble falling asleep that night.
I'll try and put a couple pictures on the next post, but my computer renumbered my photos and it may take a while.
Later.

1 comment: